Update added by user Sep 09, 2011
This dealership is in Des Moines, Iowa
Original review posted by user Sep 09, 2011
I write this from the outside looking in. My son purchased a 97 Cadillac El Dorado from Prowell's Wholesale Auto in July and was lied to from the very beginning.
The salesman told them that they did not want any other car on the lot as this El Dorado was the finest on the lot.
When asked about things that needed to be fixed, my son was told that "Everything works just fine and there was no problems with the car at all".
Upon test driving the car it was discovered that the speedometer did not work, but he was assured that Prowell's would take care of that. They did fix that issue.
I went with him to pick up the car and it seemed to run just fine on the way home. However, the very next day as he was going to work the "Check Engine" light came on. Prowell's was called and son was told to bring it in and they would take care of it. The next day it was at the shop where they pulled it in, and in less time than it would take to read the code and take out the O2 sensor, the car was backed out and told the sensor was dirty and they had taken it out and cleaned it. ANOTHER LIE...They had cleared the code and called it good. In less than 24 hours again the "Check Engine" light came on for the same thing.
Next, the belt tensioner on the water pump went bad and allowed the car to get hot. We thought at first the thermostat had stuck and changed it out. While doing that, it was discovered that the heater core had been bypassed and the car had NO heat. ANOTHER LIE. Prowell's did have the car towed to their shop and do the labor on the water pump at their expense and my son paid for parts which were another $120.00. Upon retrieving the car from the shop, now it was discovered the turn signals no longer worked. Since they had worked before it was towed, it was up to them to fix the problem, which they did, but only after a huge scene at their office.
At this point my son had possession of the vehicle approximately 5 days that it was driveable. On August 13 I picked him and daughter up to go to the Straw Poll in Ames and the Cadillac was left sitting in Ankeny. When we returned and I dropped them off, they left and were on the way home when the "Check Engine" light started flashing and the engine lost all power.
It was at this point that it was decided that the car would be returned to the dealer as it had been misrepresented from the very beginning and there was no sense in throwing good money after bad.
My son was told when he returned the car that he could put the money he paid onto another vehicle and continue the contract. ANOTHER LIE.
Prowell's was suppose to call him back on Monday. ANOTHER LIE. Only after a visit in person was he called and asked to come in and talk to them and they would work it out.
At that meeting he was told that the dealer would find him a van and they could continue to do business. When he looked at a minivan on the lot was told that he could not have that one as it was sold and instead of all of the money he had paid, he would only be allowed half to be put on another vehicle..
Again THEY HAVE LIED as this all happened Aug. 13, and as of today, Sept.9, nary a word from anyone at the dealership.
I have nothing good to say about these people as they do not seem to honor their word on anything they say. This is not the way to treat the public if you wish to have their business.
IF I were looking for reliable transportation, Prowell's would be the very last place I would look. The misrepresentation of the vehicles on the lot has turned me away from ever darkening their doors again.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- 1997 Cadillac El Dorado
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "I took my car to Midas on Saturday for an oil change and was told my trans coolant line had a leak and Philip asked me if I wanted them..."
- "My generator’s engine self destructed in less than one day’s operation on a light load.I took it to a B&S dealer for warrantee repair and after a cursory inspection was..."
- "So, first off, I have used Maaco before, with GREAT results at that. This time however, for the second 1997 Wrangler I have had painted by them, this was a..."
- "Buy Tori Burch don't expect any help from their customer service horrible! They tell you one thing and do another, defected items and they won't replace any of the parts..."
- "Decided that our "Girls Night Out" would be held there. We order the spinach artichoke n chips. The chips came out so saturated in old oil like if they were..."
- "I'm still waiting on repairs to be done that should have been taken care of months ago, the landscaping is still not completed, they talk a lot about what..."
- "They do not respect lifetime warranty. I bought these HID Low and High beam. I did had a replacement about a year after I bought. And next year after still do..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."